9 July, 2020
July 11th, 2020 – MGM Springfield Will Reopen Monday July 13th
Welcome to this edition of Out With Joe brought to by Nothing Bundt Cakes in White City Plaza in Shrewsbury.. , I’m Joe Mangiacotti MGM Springfield will reopen in a limited capacity to the public Monday the 13th….
A hosted, invitation-only event will take place ahead of the 10 a.m. public reopening. MGM Springfield’s amenity offerings initially will be limited and do not include hotel rooms at this time. Additional venues, as well as the hotel, will open in the coming weeks and months.
President of the Northeast Group, MGM Resorts, Chris Kelly said “This is a community that continues to overcome hardships by supporting and caring for one another, and it is a privilege to be a part of it,” and continued with “When we reopen our doors, we do so with the health and safety of our guests and employees as our number one priority. The property will look a little different, but the great experience at MGM Springfield will remain the same. We look forward to welcoming our guests back.”
Key initiatives from the MGM Resorts plan as well as specific to MGM Springfield include:
- Employee screening, temperature checks, and Wuhan COVID-19 virus specific training
- Employees and guests will be required to wear masks in public areas. Masks will be provided free of charge
- A physical distancing policy will be implemented, with floor guides serving as reminders
- For areas where physical distancing presents challenges, plexiglass barriers will be installed, or other measures will be used to reduce risks
- Standalone hand washing stations designed by MGM Resorts conveniently located on the casino floor
- In addition to increased and enhanced routine cleaning of guestrooms (where applicable) and public spaces based on CDC guidance, electrostatic sprayers will be utilized in many large public spaces so that disinfectant is applied efficiently
- Digital menus will be available to view on personal mobile devices via QR codes in the resort’s food and beverage outlets
- To minimize groups congregating while they wait, restaurant guests will receive text message notification when their tables are ready
- MGM has compiled an internal team and processes to respond if a guest or employee tests positive for COVID-19. If a guest tests positive after visiting an MGM property, they are asked to alert the company through a special emailaddress (email@example.com).
Per the Massachusetts Gaming Commission’ guidelines, the property will adhere to a substantially reduced capacity limit during this initial phase of reopening.
A glimpse at what guests can expect and this entire article you can click outwithjoe.com and check the July 11th posting on this subject..
We have suspended the Music Minute for this week given the current status.. but… for more on Dining and Entertainment click Outwithjoe.com … and follow us on Social Media @outwithjoe.. Out With Joe has been brought to by Nothing Bundt Cakes in White City Plaza in Shrewsbury.. on Facebook @NothingBundtcakesShrewsbury