21 April, 2020
April 25th, 2020 – How much to tip your delivery driver during coronavirus Extreme situations call for extreme tipping. It’s the right thing to do
CNET has this fantastic article on Tipping during the Covid 19 Epidemic, for the complete article click Here
Tipping is an unavoidable part of US culture at any time, but as we rely more on 362,000 confirmed cases in the US alone, so that you don’t have to go outdoors. They’re also often collecting minimum wage, without hazard pay.during the , the amount you should tip is climbing. Delivery drivers put themselves at greater risk of exposure to the that’s so far resulted in over
The suggested amount is to tip at least 20% on all takeout and delivery orders, or more to show appreciation at a time when the.
How much to tip at restaurants and bars
The good news is that you’re not expected to tip the same amount at a five-star restaurant as you would when you order at the counter. But tips are acceptable, appreciated and even expected for a person who serves you and cleans up when you’re done. The same goes for delivery and carry-out.
- Coffee shop baristas: $1 or so per drink, more for complicated orders (e.g. half-caff no-fat soy latte with light foam and an extra shot) or less for simple orders (hot water and a tea bag).
- Bartenders: $1 to $2 per drink (more for mixed drinks, less for draughts) or 20% if you’re running a tab.
- Dine-in restaurant servers: 20% or more for outstanding service.
- Buffet servers: 10% to 15%, depending on how many plates, forks and refills you go through.
- Fast-casual counter service: Up to $1 for taking your order, $2 to $5 if they bus your table or deliver your food.
- Restaurant carry-out service: 10%, more for large or complicated orders (such as a baby shower or office party)
- Food delivery drivers: 10% or up to 20% or more during hazardous road conditions or special circumstances such as holidays and .
Out With Joe brought to by Nothing Bundt Cakes in Shrewsbury MA.. White City Plaza
- 98 Boston Turnpike
- Shrewsbury, MA 01545
- Get Directions– opens in new window
HOURS OF OPERATION *
Mon-Sat: 9:00am – 6:00pm
Sun: 10:00am – 5:00pm